I understand that I have the following rights with respect to telehealth:
1. I have the right to withhold or withdraw consent at any time without affecting my right to future care or treatment.
2. The laws that protect the confidentiality of my information also apply to telehealth. As such, I understand that the information disclosed by me during the course of my coaching or consultation is generally confidential. However, there are both mandatory and permissive exceptions to confidentiality, which are in the event of harming myself or others, child abuse, etc. outlined in HIPPA laws and regulations. It is up to me to read the HIPPA laws and regulations in accordance with the state of Colorado in which TRIPLE HELIX HEALING LLC & ITS AFFILIATES
3. I understand that there are risks and consequences from telehealth, including, but not limited to, the possibility, despite reasonable efforts on the part of the consultant, that: the transmission of my information could be disrupted or distorted by technical failures; the transmission of my information could be interrupted by unauthorized persons; the electronic storage of my information could be accessed by unauthorized persons; and confidentiality cannot be guaranteed.
4. I understand that telehealth-based services and care may not be as complete as face-to face services, and if the consultant believes I would be better served by another form of therapeutic service (e.g.: face-to-face services with a licensed professional therapist) I will be referred to a professional who can provide such services. I understand that there are potential risks and benefits associated with any form of life-coaching, consulting, and that I may benefit from telehealth, but the results cannot not be guaranteed or assured.
5. I accept that telehealth does not provide emergency services. During our first session, the consultant and I will discuss an emergency response plan. If I am experiencing an emergency situation, I understand that I can call 911 or proceed to the nearest hospital emergency room for help. If I am having suicidal thoughts, or making plans to harm myself, I can call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1-800-273-TALK (8255) for free 24-hour support.
6. I understand that I am responsible for providing the necessary computer, telecommunications equipment and internet access for my teletherapy sessions; the information security on my computer; and arranging a location with sufficient lighting and privacy that is free from distractions or intrusions during my coaching sessions.